Thursday, December 24, 2009

Papa's 1st Christmas in Heaven

Christmas In Heaven
© Written December 22, 2003 by Kris Smith



We've shared our hearts, full of Holiday Cheer
and shopped for presents for loved ones this year
The house is dressed up with garland and lights
That sparkle and shine through the Holiday nights


But even with all of this Holiday bliss
There's someone we lost that we terribly miss
And as this Christmas Day draws near
We wish with all of our hearts he was here.


He's living his life way up past the stars
Somewhere past Jupiter, Saturn and Mars
he's spending his Christmas in Heaven, you see
And last night as I slept, a dream came to me


He was standing before me, happy and well
he said to me "I have something to tell…
Heaven's more wonderous than you would believe
It's the greatest of gifts I could ever receive.


I'd like for you all to remember the good…
You know that I'd be there if only I could.
So don't feel so bad that I'm not there
There are so many memories you can share


As you gather together, I'm sure you'll find
The gifts deep within you that I left behind.
Each one is unique and wrapped brightly in love

They shine from your hearts as I shine from above."


For PapAmore', Arend 'Odee' Lenderink

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Christmas in Heaven
by Unknown

'Tis Christmas in Heaven
What a beautiful sight!
It's my first one here;
Everything is all right.

The crib is adorned
With the brilliance of stars,
Wisemen have come
From Venus and Mars.

I've met all our dear ones
Who preceded us here;
The reunion was lovely,
An event full of cheer.

And tonight we'll all gather,
In reverence we'll kneel,
For the Babe in the cradle
Up in Heaven is Real.

I think of my family
that I left behind
And I pray that your Christmas
Is as blessed as mine

Please shed no more tears,
For my soul is at rest,
Just love one another;
Live life to its best.

Yes, It's Christmas In Heaven,
So I've heard them say,
Yet, Christmas In Heaven
Happens every day.