Sunday, March 18, 2012

save a place for me

MEMORIES OF YOU

Not long ago you left me,
I didn't know what I would do,
But after crying, I thought,
Of the memories I have of you.

Memories keep me alive,
Memories keep me sane,
Sometimes I forget you died,
Sometimes it is etched in my brain.

If I died now I would join you,
But I know I have to wait,
Nothing is that simple,
I would rather rely on fate.

Maybe, if I hold on for a while,
I will overcome my fears,
Holding on will make seeing you again special,
It will be worth all of the tears.

I believe that you are in heaven now,
And I want to join you someday,
I am trying to live my life like you lived yours,
That's all I ever pray.

No one can come between us now,
I will just have to wait and see,
No one misses you more than I do,
Remember to save a place for me.

Copyright © 2000 Anne Fletcher

For PapAmore', Arend 'Odee' Lenderink http://papamore.blogspot.com

No comments: