Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I want you to remember him

Please tell me you remember him
Assure me that he mattered

Don't try to use a bandaid
To fix what now is shattered

Share with me your memories
Of him within your life

When you avoid the topic
You're stabbing me with a knife

Let me cry around you
Assure me that that's okay

Allow me to hurt without him
For that's all I've left today

Say his name outloud sometimes
And let me do so too

Don't pity me for mourning
All that I knew was true

Forgive me when I'm angry
Understand from where this comes

Give me something to hold onto
I need more than pity's crumbs

When you speak about him
I remember that he's still here

Pretending he never existed
Is my life's greatest fear

He never really left us
He never really will

Please see what I have lost
THAT'S what helps me climb this hill


Written by Sara Huizenga
For PapAmore', Arend 'Odee' Lenderink
http://papamore.blogspot.com

1 comment:

opiesdad said...

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.