Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Incredibly Wise, yet just enough silly, You


It was Wednesday (1/7/09) shortly before noon, I had stopped by the hospital where you were receiving your M/W/F platelets because I wanted to visit with you and Jackie.

I had taken the video camera along as well, not to "quickly capture on film" your very last moments on earth, but rather because, well...I adored you...I'll always adore you, there is no past tense there...

I didn't know then that in 4 short days, you would die.

Although I somewhat wish to share with everyone each and every detail of the amazing conversation we had that day, I can't...because it wasn't this deep, "I'm going to die soon" conversation.  As the video I captured will provide footage of...it was a simple but wise, silly talk...it was you, exactly who you are...

I had taken your little "MiMi" along as well because I knew that I would have been in "trouble" if I hadn't.  

When I initially walked in the room that day, your eyes looked so sad and tired...as I now recall that initial, specific expression of yours, many tears drip upon my keyboard.

But...

When you saw her, your little Miss Maggie Rose, your eyes brightened and joyfully danced at the mere sight of her.

It's just myself and the girls now, in this old house of yours and many a morning "still" we awaken to wet pillowcases...tear stained from hearts missing you...

We miss you, "Poppy"...We Love You, Always and Forever More


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to go to Florida and eat a crapload of apples in the pool, RIGHT in front of the blueberry farmers, JUST to spite them ... ;)