Saturday, March 14, 2009

He Always Made Sure We Were Okay...


On Christmas Day, 2008...we celebrated Jesus' birth with our PapAmore' ~

"Papa and Nana" picked the girls and I up that day to go over to my sister's house, which is about 30 minutes away and where we were having the party.  

I was a bit concerned about this Christmas, being without my girl's Father there, yet knowing it was still okay, because, infinite praises to God, Papa WAS THERE.  And seeing how proud he was of me, how much more relieved Papa was to know that the girls and my lives were now able to experience a life without constant continuous fear and shame...I carry that in my heart, it gives me the strength to do the right thing and be the single parent my girls deserve...  

I'll get better if you do, he told me, no more of this, Papa said as he took my face in his big as the world hands, no more of his abuse, no more of his sick ways, we can finally have you back now, it's going to be such a great Christmas day...

And so when they pulled up to our house that day, he scooped them up, as he always did, and safely tucked and buckled them into the car.

My Dad must have known that I was feel a little concerned about this day, this first Christmas of my girls now broken home....I remember him purposely catching my eye in the rearview mirror and winking at me, as if to say, it's going to be okay...

And, it was okay...it was better than okay, it was great...

We sang Christmas songs on the way, Papa turned off the radio and we just sang with our own voices, how he loved to sing!  

And the whole way there, I noticed him checking in his rearview mirror to make sure I was okay, he always made sure we were okay...

For PapAmore', Arend 'Odee' Lenderink

No comments: