Thursday, February 5, 2009

Death is so Powerless


When someone dies, there is literally not one single, minute thing that you can do to change it.  

Death cannot be undone, cannot be fixed, cannot be altered, cannot be repaired.

It's final...it's forever...it is the end.

We are completely and totally powerless over death.  No "should haves" - "could haves" - "what ifs" can restore a life out of death.

And if this truly was the end of the story...honestly, I'm not sure I could bear this pain of losing my Dad.  

If I didn't believe, didn't know that he is in Heaven...everything else too would seem so stupid, pointless, worthless.

But, God is bigger than death...thank God that He is...so thankful for the knowledge that I will see my Dad again.  

My Dad is now living in Heaven and that is what brings me comfort here on earth.


For PapAmore', Arend 'Odee' Lenderink

4 comments:

Scatterling said...

Sara, you and me, your family and mine, we are all in the same little grief-boat though we don't see one another. Your blog has been a great comfort to me, full of inspiration in the dark hours of heartache and longing. Spring is tentatively waiting in the wings and will soon begin to restore the bleakness of this winter of sorrow. While I wait, I listen to That's Amore ...I weep AND smile with you! Peace and strength, Scatterling

Unknown said...

Scatterling, thanks for being here and there...I'm so sorry that we can relate, yet so thankful for the many kind ways you reach out...you are a true blessing...

I love your visual outlook and as are you, am so looking forward to the spring...xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Sara,

When I read your blog tonight the words just literally jumped off the pages. I felt you were describing everything I feel. If I did not believe in Heaven and Jesus, I truly could not make it. I would not have that assurance of seeing Dad again. He reassured me he knew that he was going to heaven and his heart was right with the Lord. He worried about me though. Dad and I had always had a special bond. I was the first born and I guess I was a little spoil by him. But I think we all had a unique bond with him. I just find myself having a really hard time with his death. I don't know if this a normal way to grieve or not. I have lost other loved ones but never of course a parent or someone this close to me. Just hurts and then doesn't help when it seems all hell is breaking lose in your life. But I do need to lean on the Lord to get me through this. I find myself being distant from the Lord though. I don't know why. I need to change this because I know deep in my soul he is what I truly need. Sorry I rattle on. Your blogs and your friendship have been a Godsend to me. The Lord knows what we need and when we need it. He knew I needed you in my life and sent you at that precise time. Thanks for everything. God Bless. Amy

Unknown said...

Amy, I'm so glad all of our heavenly fathers have connected us with one another here on earth ... xoxoxoxo

You are going through so much right now, I'm so sorry for the extra trauma burdening your already heavy load of grief.

Always here whenever you'd like to talk ... praying for always, friend.