Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sigh a thousand sighs


"In a way I think you're lucky, it's so hard here."

My words to PapAmore as he stood at the brink of death...

Lucky to be TRULY living...Lucky to have no more tears...Lucky to know the essence of peace...Lucky to have no more fear...Lucky to know Jesus...Lucky to commune with God...Lucky to be in heaven...Lucky to not fear hell...

Lucky to feel this pain...Lucky to have our hearts shattered...Lucky to have your memory...Lucky to have been taught what only and truly matters...

Lucky to recognize the scent of your cologne...Lucky to know we're never truly alone...Lucky to be loved without measure...Lucky to feel true grace...the Grace from Him alone...

Lucky to cry...Lucky to mourn...Lucky to question...Lucky to have our very souls ache...ever since you've been gone.

Lucky to have had you at all...Lucky to join you above soon...

In just one blink of an eye we'll all be together forever...

Lucky to run to you above someday...

Lucky, most lucky...to have had been and be yours...

Lucky to have had you all...

Lucky

Because of you...

The most luckiest lucky of all...

No Regrets, God's Plan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Awe, I love reading your blog on Papa. I missed the last week or so , and now Im caught up. It is just beautiful the way your write and speak of your Papa. Im truly touched by your story and of Papa. What an Awesome Man!! I loved the story of the gift he sent you, that gave me goosebumps, and it sounds like something my mom would do. Each day I hope and pray that AML will not take my mother, but as you know we are not in control. Im sure he has heard me scream and plead with him to leave her alone:) Cancer touches are lives like no other, especially when it messes with our most loved one. Im sure Papa is smiling down on you and is so overwhelmed by your love and devotion. Hope you have a good week, nicole
www.caringbridge.org/visit/welovebev

Katie said...

Such a powerful blog with an amazing story. I'm soo sorry to hear about your loss -- your Papa sounds like such an awesome person! I just know that someday the world will live peacefully without cancer. Thanks so much for sharing your story with us!!