Friday, January 2, 2009

That's PapAmore

You and that stink-bomb song...how you would embarrass me! 
(and how very much I loved it when you did)

One thing is FOR SURE, Papa...Dean Martin ain't got nothin' on you.

Without fail, at the peak of my sulkiest, most crabby of all moments...a "miracle worker" tune would suddenly burst forth into the room.  

And my epitome of Dutch father would magically transform into an Italian Godfather dancing around the room and singing with much GUSTO...

When the Moon hits your eye, like a big pizza sky...
That's Amore...

And without fail, as I'd roll my eyes, then I'd smile, get the giggles and lastly, of course, join in...

For as you say, That's Amore, performs much better as a Duet.

PapAmore, you always know just what to do...

Thank You

1 comment:

Delilah said...

I hope you know what a blessing you are giving the world by letting us know your dad.