Thursday, January 1, 2009

Any Man can be a Father...

...but, to find a Dad, that's a rare treasure indeed...

I didn't write this poem below, it's obviously not my story, but change a few simple facts and it could be, for that's what you are to me, a Dad.

A simple dry-wall man
© By Lachell A. Hocker

(I wrote this poem about my step dad..)

I fell in love with a man
When I was only four years old
He was tall with big blue eyes
And he was strong enough to hold
me when I cried.
He loved my mom
He loved me
And together we'd make a family.

The teenage years were so hard
I know at times I broke his heart
But God's love shown
Through Dad's strong will
And he stood by me even still.

He taught me how to love and care
He gave me hugs when I was scared
And I thank God for each day
My Dad's been there.

It takes a special kind of man
One that fits Gods' perfect plan
To be a Dad
And to give the life we've had.

He was just a simple drywall man
Trying to get by
But little did he know
God had a plan for his life.


It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.
- Pope John XXIII

No comments: