Friday, January 16, 2009

My Dad and Me



I may not be your flesh and blood
I've obviously not known you the longest
There's things about you I've never known
Our quantity of time isn't strongest

I don't want to "compete" for your love
I never really did
Your love was always endless
It never had a lid

I just want to miss you
I just want to share
The one for whom my heart sang
Whom I always knew would care

So maybe I'm not your "daughter"
Perhaps I'm "only" a "step"
But to us that never mattered
Each memory I have kept

Stored in my heart
Locked with a key
Treasured forever
My Dad and me

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you were the norm...
"step-parent" would be a term of endearment...

I love you, always...

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I just want to really at least try to beat God up!

Sometimes still I am just so frustrated by and ANGRY about all that He has taken away ...

Sometimes He Himself seems so cruel to me ... :(