Thursday, January 29, 2009

Uplifting Reply from Congressman Pete Hoekstra

Dear Ms. Huizenga-Lubbers:

 

Thank you for contacting me about palliative care.  I am sorry to hear of your father's passing and am disheartened to learn of the difficulties that you have experienced.

 

I appreciate hearing of your support for palliative care.  President Obama has prioritized health care reform in the early days of his administration.  I look forward to the debate over ensuring that patients have access to the types of care that they need.

 

Please know that I will remain mindful of your support for the expanded use of palliative care as Congress continues to deliberate over the matter.  I hope Congress and our new president will work in spirit of bipartisanship in developing solutions to such an important issue.

 

Again, thank you for sharing your views with me.

 


Sincerely,

Pete Hoekstra
Member of Congress

No comments: