Tuesday, January 13, 2009

When You Came Over to Tell Me That The Cancer Was Back


I remember every word, you're right, Papa...you truly are right here, in our hearts...
(Papa is in blue)

Now, get over here, let me give you a hug

I don't want you to tell me, Papa

I know, honey, I don't want to have to tell you either, I really thought that it was gone, I did.  Look at me, no look at me, it's going to be alright, I promise.

I know

It okay to cry, your Mom and I cried too.  But, we have to trust, God.

I will, Papa

I'm not going anywhere and I will have hope up until my very last breath, but I need to know that you and my girls will be alright

I know, we will, I promise, I will make you proud, Papa

Oh, sweetie, I know you will, you already do, every moment of every day, you already do

And, I am still here, and I am going to keep on bugging you, all the time, even IF I am not here on earth, I'm going to keep bugging you, don't you forget that

I expected that you would...and thanks, Papa...I would like that

I don't want to go yet, there is so much here yet that I want to still do.  I want to have a Bible Study yet with Rod and Lou, I want to be there for you and your girls, I want to spend more time with my best friend, I'm not ready yet to leave your Mother.  How I pray that someday you meet someone who will cherish you the way I cherish your Mom, who will treat you and my girls the way you deserve to be treated.

We already have that, Papa, we have you

You silly nut, you know what I mean

I know

If I do go, to heaven, you know what I'm going to do?

Sing really loud?

Well, yea...of course, but I'm also going to right away walk right up to Jack, your Dad and I'm going to say...thank you for sharing your little girls with me...

I love you, Daddy

I love you too, honey, I always will

(then you started in on your "short list" ~ you always took such good care of us all, PapAmore, xox times a google and more)

No comments: