Thursday, January 8, 2009

God is STILL in the MIRACLE business!

Last night I wrote...

Now even more so I (can only speak for myself, or at least should) truly believe that my Dad's sole oncologist is not intentionally trying to stifle his hope to survive but rather coming from a stand point of a "cure" and by doing so is seemingly not willing (or at least not proactive) to look at or consider his desire for more time.

Finally now my Mother is beginning to realize how much
we are allowing this physician to be the sole one in charge of our Papa's life. (HUGE plug for completely separate 2nd, 3rd, etc. opinions here!)

Today a palliative doctor did come, I found out about their existence on the internet. His first remark was that my Dad was the healthiest looking AML patient he'd ever seen.

Tomorrow, we need to act quickly, I just hope and pray it is not too late, I'm trying so hard to not let the frustration of these past few weeks overwhelm me.  Hoping and praying that if she will not prescribe it, they will continue to pursue this path, to fight like my Dad desires by asking for a referral to someone else who will.

Time is of the essence, not sure how to go about this all, at all...whether to try to get prescription from her before finding another doctor or going to another doctor prior to a prescription (which could not be as well thought out) from her.


And Today!!!!!

The Hydrea (low dose chemo) has been prescribed, my Dad called Dr Vanderwoude and strongly requested it himself! They are delivering to my parents' door yet today!  
(update, sigh...see comment below, we continue to need to pray and ADVOCATE upon my Dad's behalf)

I also was contacted early this morning by my best friend from college,
Tami Sivy Weemhoff, (side note, I have not spoken to her in years) she used to work under the head of leukemia research at the University of Chicago, and she worked so hard and possibly even got my Dad in! 

We are faxing my Dad's treatment history records upon request to them immediately, thank you, TAMI!! 

Truly, she is an in real life angel, most definitely today, most likely quite often.

PRAYING that things will continue to move forward...

Will keep you updated...

wow, God...

There is no doubt, He's still in the miracle business

And in the most ironic and beautiful, without a doubt gift from God, thing...our greatest hope and encouragement to LIVE today came from those who came to help my Dad die.  This morning, my Dad was visited by what surely must be the most compassionate, intelligent, miraculous Hospice Nurses that were to ever walk upon this planet...so grateful to them and most of all to God...

This journey is far from over, but tonight we have much more hope than we did early this morning...Today God truly performed a Miracle.

As Papa says, 
Only HE holds the Keys

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest Father in Heaven, With the Upmost Gratitude we Honor You for the Hope You Blessed Us with Today.

Dearest Daddy on Earth, Thank You for teaching me how to Look Up and Believe...xoxoxoxo

Delilah said...

I'm so happy to see that hope is restoring your strength and resolve to take the measures you deem necessary.

Thank you, God, for showing us all that Your power is above all, Your plan is working even when it's hard for us to understand.

Unknown said...

The University of Chicago is already working on Preliminary registration paperwork for Papa!!!

Oh, sweet Tami...so beyond words thankful...xoxooxo

kelly richards said...

Yay!!! So happy for you all. Continued prayers for your journey of hope and love. Praise God for smarty-pants friends ;)

Unknown said...

Yea, right?

LOL, Kelly...so true, smarty-pants friends = really good stuff

;)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.